5 Trends for Custom Homes Buyers Can’t Get Enough Of
In the fashion world, trends can come and go in a matter of weeks. However, in the world of custom homes, trends tend to stick around for a while, and after a few years, a large number of homes will possess popular features buyers want. Here are five trends we’ve noticed recently for custom homes, and why they might be a good fit for your new home.
1. Solar panels — Recent improvements in solar tech have moved solar panels from an unaffordable feature to something the average homeowner can afford. Many custom homes now are built with solar panels from the beginning, so homeowners can benefit from the power of the sun as soon as they move in.
2. Smart homes– Home automation is a growing trend, and every year, companies roll out new tech designed to make homes smarter and smarter. Keep in mind that while home automation features can make you home safer and your power bills lower, the historic return on investment isn’t established, since like any technology, they can become obsolete quickly.
3. Energy efficient windows– New glass films and coatings have made windows better and better at protecting interior spaces from heat and cold.
4. Barn doors — Although this technically qualifies as an interior design trend, installing new barn doors requires enough construction know-how to be a construction fad. Buyers love barn doors because they add rustic charm while offering functionality.
5. Electric car charging stations — More and more buyers want an electric car charging station in their home as the electric car industry grows. As more people make the switch to driving an electric vehicle, more and more charging stations will be seen in garages everywhere.