Your Custom House: Picking the Upgrades that Matter Most
When you build a custom house, you want to invest in upgrades that add value, aesthetic appeal, and functionality to your home. While picking every upgrade might not be in your budget, here are some tips for picking custom home upgrades you’ll love for years to come:
- Structural additions – If you want to make structural changes to a preexisting floor plan, let us know as soon as possible. As your builder, it is difficult for us to make changes to make structural changes to your custom house after it has been framed or when it is near completion.
- Post-purchase upgrades – Remember that you don’t have to upgrade everything during the building phase. For example, upgrading your lighting, adding an epoxy coat to your garage floor, and making other cosmetic changes can be done on a slower timeline.
- Builder timeline – We put together a comprehensive timeline that includes plenty of time for you to select and confirm your upgrades. Know that after you pick your upgrades, you may not be able to change them following our final design meeting.
- Needs versus wants—You may not be able to afford all the extras you want right at first. Think about what upgrades are most important to you right at first and put your money into them.
- Stick to your budget – It’s hard to not get caught up in the excitement of building a custom house and go crazy picking upgrades. While selecting enhancements to your home can be fun, know your budget and stick to it, so you do not regret any part of your purchase later on.