Strategies We Use for Building Energy-Efficient Custom Houses
Custom houses built today are more energy-efficient than ever before. So, what do we do here at Woodcastle Homes Management Inc. to make the custom houses we design, construct, and complete exceptionally energy efficient? Here are just a few of the strategies we use:
- Proper placement – We build our custom houses in a manner that encourages maximum passive solar gain. Even just a slight design tweak or directional alteration can make all the difference between enjoying the sunlight during the day and overheating all summer long because of too much exposure.
- Insulation – We properly insulate our custom homes with insulation that boasts an impressive R-value. We also take advantage of different wall and roof systems that enhance insulation and energy efficiency.
- Windows – On top of the insulation, the windows in your home play a big role in how energy-efficient the structure is. We install windows that allow for beautiful views of the surrounding landscaping while also properly insulating the structure.
- Proper sealing – We make sure that all joints, ducts, vents, doors, etc. are properly and tightly sealed to prevent air leakage.
- Offering efficient systems – Choosing the right heating or cooling system for your home can heavily impact how much you pay to keep your house at a comfortable temperature year-round. We size the HVAC systems we install properly, so you can be sure they are the right size for the space for maximum energy efficiency.