How Much Does it Cost Per Square Foot to Build a Custom Home?
As you look into building a custom home, one of the main questions on your mind may be, “how much does it cost per square foot to build a home?” Since cost is a primary concern for many of the homeowners we work with, in this blog, we’re going to give a general overview of how much it costs per square foot to build and what you should expect as you refine your budget for your new home.
One of the best parts of custom home building is choosing the features and layout you want, but this also makes giving a general answer about how much it costs per square foot to build more complicated. However, in this report, homeowners stated the average cost to build a home comes in at $292,817, which means that for a 2,000 square foot home, it would cost approximately $150 per square foot.
There are also numerous factors that affect the final cost per square foot, such as:
- Size–The bigger the home, the more it will cost per square foot.
- The type of roof–Specialty roofing materials cost much more to install than more standard roofing materials, like asphalt.
- Fixtures/finishes–The grade of the fixtures you choose for your new home, whether they are custom or luxury, greatly impact the final sticker price for a custom house.
- Appliances–Size, features, and manufacturer all affect the cost of appliances, which can also impact the price per square foot of a new home.
- Design features–Swimming pools, fireplaces, expansive showers, and other unique design features can affect the total cost of a home.
Altogether, creating your dream home is an investment. Our team would be more than happy to answer your questions about pricing, features, timelines, and more, so give us a call today!