What Services can Custom Home Builders in Mississauga Provide That You Can’t Find Anywhere Else?
Building a new custom home can be a fun and rewarding experience: watching your dream home take shape before your eyes, letting you guide each step of the process along the way. It is an experience that differs entirely from building a pre-existing home, or even from building a production home complete with plenty of upgrades. When you work with custom home builders inMississauga, you get many more services than you would get elsewhere.
1) HST Rebates. When you purchase a package from a builder that consists of both land and a custom home, the builder does not have to charge you HST on the whole cost of both the land and the home. Rather, the HST is only due on the build portion. If you buy your land for your custom home first, then hire a builder, you still may be eligible for an HST rebate under the HST New Home Rebate. This rebate is available to those who buy new custom homes, or who buy a renovated home. These rebates are available both from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and from Ontario.
2) You pick the materials. When you build a custom home, you get to make many more decisions than the average homeowner about what goes into your home. This includes what materials are used. Custom home builders in Mississauga should walk you through a variety of options. Will you select brick, stucco, vinyl or some other form of siding? Hardwood floors, or carpet throughout the home? You may even get lucky and be able to get materials that are salvaged or reclaimed. Far from looking cheap, these materials often add a lot of character to a home without adding a ton of expense.
A quick further note about materials: this is an area where you can end up either spending or saving a lot of money on your custom home. A tricky area for many homeowners is balancing the need to save money upfront versus paying more now for materials that could save money later. Keep in mind that energy efficiency will often pay for itself over time. If you want to save plenty of money on heating and air, then spending more now on insulation, doors, and windows can make sense.
3) Location. One of the best parts about building a custom home is getting to put the house you want in the place that you want it. Rather than having to compromise between a good house in a less-than-desirable location or a great lot with a subpar home on it, you can have it all. In many instances, you can also get creative with land division and site preparation.
As many custom home builders in Mississauga can tell you, there is often expense associated with preparing a lot for construction. Whether it means hauling dirt away or bringing it in, you often have to level your lot out before building can commence. However, a good custom home builder should be able to work with you on plans that work with the lot you have chosen. Is your lot on a hill, or is it particularly narrow? Work with your builder on your home design to accommodate those features rather than working against them.
Less “desirable” lots can often end up saving you money, as they will go for a lower price. If you can then work with skilled custom home builders in Mississauga to adapt plans to that lot, you will have saved yourself thousands over buying a production home that cannot be altered enough to suit the land.
4) Details and decorations. There are many things that make a house a home, not the least of which is how you tailor it to meet your specific needs. Do you need special insulation or air filtering systems due to allergies? Or, do you have a specific idea for how you want your entertainment system to sit in your new living room?
home builders in Mississauga, you can incorporate all of these little details in during construction so that you do not have to pay more later to have them altered. You can select where outlets will sit and cables will run, so that you can minimize their appearance once you have moved in and started setting up your furniture and electronics.
You can also add little features based on your budget that can make your life easier. Do you want both an upstairs and a downstairs laundry unit, so that you do not have to haul sheets between floors for washing? What details do you think would make a big difference in your life that you can add in a custom home?
5) Negotiation. All real estate is subject to negotiation, but you can often work out some great terms with custom home builders in Mississauga based on upgrades, willingness to showcase your home to other future potential customers, and referrals. You can also work with the builder to establish timelines and deadlines so that your project does not stall out, and can come up with payment terms that work for both of you, giving the builder incentive to finish your project and helping you feel more at ease and in control. Many custom home deals involve installments, where you pay an initial amount upfront to get started, then make periodic payments throughout the project based on certain milestones.
All of these features and services are available through most custom home builders in Mississauga and the Toronto area. By working with a skilled home builder, you can build the house of your dreams in the location of your choice. That home can have all of the features you want it to have, along with those details that truly make it a home built just for you. Have you ever gone through the custom home building process? What did you end up doing to make the home feel more like yours? What difference did your builder make in how you approached the project and what choices you ended up making?