If you are considering custom home construction to finally realize the home you have always wanted, you may want to know a little bit more about what to expect during the construction process. While custom homes don’t have to break your budget, determining the cost of custom home construction is a little more complicated than purchasing an already-built house that includes the land, the necessary permits and the required grading or excavation, as well as the cost for the actual construction, preferred upgrades and final landscaping. Here at Woodcastle Homes Management Inc., we follow a five-phase process during custom home construction:
- Phase 1 – Preliminary Inquiry: This is our first opportunity to discuss your needs, wants and budget, as well as our process, estimated costs and timelines. Keep in mind that at this point the estimates are rough.
- Phase 2 – Preliminary Consultation: A consultation gives us more opportunity to understand exactly what you want, your design preferences and the work needed.
- Phase 3 – Design Agreement: This step takes the preliminary drawings and gives you a chance to review them. We will make any needed changes and finalize the drawings so they can be used for a building permit application. We also have multiple tiers of pricing and finishing from which you can choose.
- Phase 4 – Project Estimating Phase: There are several ways that we can charge for the project. We will discuss your options with you, and you can decide between them.
- Phase 5 – Construction: This is the most exciting and probably the longest phase of the project. We take care of coordinating all the activities and scheduling of all the different aspects.
Once your custom home construction is complete, you will enjoy the benefits of a 7-year home warranty. If you are ready to discuss your dream home, give us a call today. We look forward to helping you make your dream home a reality.