Home builders are plentiful, so how do you find the right one? We recommend you start by interviewing the home builders you want to work with and doing research into their backgrounds. You should also consider the following questions of the home builders you interview:
- How long has the builder been building homes and what is their experience like?
- Does the builder have experience building homes similar to the style you want?
- Is the builder willing to build on a lot you already own? Or do they require you to purchase one of their lots?
- Can the builder help you devise a custom floor plan if you have specific needs and wants in mind?
- Can the builder provide referrals from previous homeowners they’ve worked with?
- Does the builder hold all necessary licences? Do they have any additional credentials that bolster their reliability?
- Does the builder offer financing plans, and do they include a home warranty with the purchase?
- Is landscaping included in the total cost of building a custom home?
These questions are just a few of the ones you should ask home builders as you look for the right one. If any other questions pop into your mind before or during the interview, don’t hesitate to ask them to get the information you need.
At Woodcastle Homes Management Inc., we will happily give you all the information you need during your search for a custom home builder. Contact us today to speak with a member of our team!